In 1888 Mr. Edward B.
McNiece, son of the founder, who had previously been
instructed in all the various methods of conducting the
business, was admitted to partnership, and the high
standard of excellence has been maintained since.
In addition to the
manufacture of saws, Mr. McNiece has an enviable
reputation for making various articles in the
construction of which saw steel figures and is
especially sought after by manufacturers and others when
difficult problems in tempering arise.
Commemorative publication for “225th Anniversary of
Founding of Philadelphia”
William W. Matos, 1908
Signature of William McNiece
from the "Articles of Copartnership" with Charles H. Lame
November 1, 1863