Guides, the Net, etc.
The business that bears
this name was started in 1834 by the late Irenus Atkins;
conducted by him for about 30 years, then removed to
present location and organized as The Porter Saw Co.,
later as The Bristol Saw Co.
In 1879 it was bought by Edward
O. Penfield and conducted by him until 1899, when it
was acquired by the present owner, M. D. Edgerton, and
since that time known as The Penfield Saw Works.